Day 1: List 10 things that make you really happy.
- the unique envelope of warmth generated by the combination of liquor, drowsiness, and warm arms wrapped around you like comfort, like safety, like you’re home.
- stepping out of the shower to find towels fresh from the dryer.
- just enough snowfall on your day off to make your hot chocolate taste better without shrouding your day in tomorrow’s anxieties.
- reading a book with a cat curled up in your lap.
- watching people talk about their passions. Watching because their eyes are wide and their cheeks get a little pinker and their hands won’t stop moving and their lips are moving so quickly like they need to squeeze out as many words as they can before you get bored (but that never happens because they are so fascinating when they’re excited).
- diners at one in the morning.
- that deep inhale you take when you step into a tea shop and smell everything that makes you want to have a picnic in a field of wildflowers.
- people that hug you just a little too hard, so your feet leave the ground when they pull you in and you’re a little bit breathless when they finally let go.
- friends that surprise you at work with hot chocolate or coffee or tea or a candy bar when they know you’re having a rough day or just because they thought of you
- watching the moon from bed on nights when sleep is elusive