Day 12: Write about 5 blessings in your life.
- Electric blankets and body pillows are the only things that get me to sleep most nights. It’s like falling asleep wrapped in a magical hug that can cure aching joints and muscles. This morning, I had the hardest time getting out of bed because of the pain, so I turned the heat setting up and listened to the rain until my back relaxed.
- There are now 3 quality coffee shops within walking distance that are neither Dunkin Donuts nor Starbucks.
- 2017 was an incredibly frustrating year full of setbacks, obstacles, and learning to admit limits, but it showed me which friends I can lean on no matter how in/frequently we might see each other. They help me with everything from running errands and doing laundry, never let me talk badly about myself, are constantly encouraging my hobbies and pushing me to take them and myself further, and I love them endlessly. (If you don’t fangirl a little bit when you’re talking about your friends, you need new friends. I’ll be your friend.)
- Social media allows me to watch my cousins’ children grow up and maintain a bond with them despite distance and limited ability to travel. Some of them have moved closer this year, and while a four hour drive with $20 tolls is not in the cards every weekend, it’s allowed us to spend holidays together for the first time since we were children.
- I may not always have what I want, and there are plenty of things that I need, but I always manage. I am a survivor, no matter what lies my brain whispers on a bad day.
- Bonus: These two young kitties always keep me on my toes and make me move on the days it would be all too easy to disappear in bed.